Labor & Employment
Our attorneys are skilled in every facet of employment-related immigration and assist employers around the country in securing temporary visas and permanent resident status for their foreign national employees. We also work with Multilaw, a global network of local counsel firms, to assist with outbound visas and work permits for employees being transferred abroad. We invest strategically in the latest technologies and interactive tools to help clients manage their immigration programs. In addition, we defend clients during I-9 audits and provide training and guidance on employer compliance and workforce enforcement issues.
Service Area Contacts
Matthew W. Hoyt
Areas of Focus
Our immigration lawyers are skilled in every facet of employment-based immigration. But we have notable depth in the areas outlined below.
Our attorneys provide our clients with the following types of guidance and advice:
- Hiring, terminating, and other personnel actions for Foreign National Employees.
- Identifying actions needed due to corporate restructuring/reorganization.
- Employment Verification such as I-9 and E-Verify.
- Assisting employers to design and implement self-audit programs.
- Conducting I-9 reviews for employers.
- Defending employers during I-9 audits.
Our immigration lawyers are skilled in every facet of employment-based immigration. We serve as lead immigration counsel for Fortune 500 companies as well as privately owned and start-up companies, counseling clients in the preparation and filing of employment-based temporary visa petitions and applications, including the following:
- E-1/E-2 (treaty trader/investor) Visas.
- H-1B/ H-1B1/ E-3 (specialty occupation) Visas.
- H-3 (trainee) Visas.
- J-1 (exchange visitor) Visas.
- L-1 (intra-company transferee) Visas.
- O-1 (extraordinary ability) Visas.
- TN (Trade NAFTA professional) Visas.
- B-1 (business visitor).
Employment-Based Permanent Residence Processes
- Labor certification cases, including PERM and special handling labor certifications.
- Extraordinary Ability Immigrant Petitions.
- Outstanding Researcher/Professor Immigrant Petitions.
- Multi-National Manager and Executive Immigrant Petitions.
- National Interest Waiver Petitions.
- Adjustment of Status / Consular Processing and Ancillary Benefits.
As the world continues to get smaller, employers often are not only bringing in talent and new perspectives from outside the U.S. to add to their labor pool, but are also sending employees, executives and managers outside the U.S. We assist employers with foreign business visas. We also frequently collaborate with foreign immigration counsel to help employees obtain foreign work visas and immigrant status abroad. We have experience in assisting with the supporting documentation such as passports, invitation letters, employment verification letters, document authentication, etc. for such visas. Examples of our work in this area include:
- Business visitor visas for a consulting team to go to Mexico.
- Work permits for IT employees to go to Canada.
- Business visitor visas for technicians and engineers to go to Brazil.
- Business visitor visas for supervisors and technicians to go to Singapore.
- A work permit and residence permit for an international business manager and business visitor visas for engineers and technicians to go to China.
- Business visitor visas for managers to go to Australia.
- A work permit and residence permit for a brand manager in Italy.
April 2022 Immigration Legal Update
April 12, 2022
March Immigration Updates Employers Need to Know
March 11, 2022
February Immigration Updates Employers Need to Know
February 9, 2022
January Immigration Updates Employers Need to Know
January 6, 2022